Act Too Group...
[Multi-NODA Award producers of the European Amateur Premiere of MEL BROOKS 'THE PRODUCERS']
...would like to invite expressions of interest in joining them for their open auditions for:
BOOGIE NIGHTS - the 70's musical
This incredible musical comedy will take place 25-29 September 2012 at the 800 seat Hawth Theatre in Crawley West Sussex.
Rehearsals are mainly on 8 Sundays with a break through August for holidays.
THE AUDITIONS AND ALL PARTS ARE AVAILABLE:
• Roddy - mid twenties. An "Alfie" for the 70's, speaks directly to the audience. Good looking, brash, confident 'ladies man' with oodles of charm that soften his rough edges He is our hero, although sometimes in spite of himself Roddy wants to live life to the full and do what's best for him if only he knew what that was.
• Terry - mid twenties. Likeable nerdy garage mechanic, who is inclined to put his mouth in gear before engaging his brain. Always trying to keep up with his sharper pals, Trish has been his steady for ages but they have still not 'done it' yet.
• Dean - late twenties. Is the DJ at the club. More sensitive and intelligent than his friends. He has a proper day job and career. A good looking medallion man before the term was used in a derogatory fashion.
• Eamon – Fifties, Roddy's father. An old rock'n'roller who is partial to a 'glass'. Still mourns for Roddy's mother ('God rest her soul') and lives his life to every song Elvis ever sang. He brought Roddy up alone and still gives his son a beating every now and again. He idolises Roddy but of course would never show his true feelings.
• Spencer – Thirties, bald, charismatic, live-talking front man for the resident band. Barry White and Errol Brown with a touch of Shaft. He has a chauvinistic and slightly sinister streak. However, his lack of irony makes us laugh at him and eventually he reveals a warm more human side to his character
• Debs - Mid twenties. Bold and brassy, a pretty, pert girl who has been Roddy's sweetheart since schooldays. They hove both had other relationships, but she and Roddy always seem to come back together. Although she is as strong as Roddy on the surface, Women's Lib wasn't really for a girl like Debs. She likes doors to be opened for her and even when they are slammed in her face will try to see the best in people.
• Trish - Mid twenties. Girls always went around in twos. One was always much plainer, this was Trish She compensates for a lack of drama in her own life by absorbing Debs' problems Still a virgin and will keep Terry waiting until their wedding day. She and Debs ore the older sisters of the Sharons and Traceys of the eighties.
• Lorraine - Late twenties. The singer in the local band, her ethnic background and provocative sexuality make her the focus of attention to most men. She is Spencer's girlfriend but not for long, we sense his possessiveness is no good for her free spirit. She acts as the catalyst in the drama.
• Baz the Bouncer
• Gos the Doorman/Cinema Manager
• Mandy - A girl in the disco
• Ensemble Parts - Assorted ensemble parts including dance and singing