Art department wanted urgently - Victoria
Art Department crew needed for Honours year film
Casting no. 348743 Victoria, Australia
|Casting complete Applications are now closed.
We're working on an Honours year major film project (Swinburne University of Technology) and are urgently looking for Art Department crew to come on board.
The film is titled "MIDAIR".
A young man finds hope for love and family through an unexpected source of a radio show.
Mark Anderson is a 20-something businessman, who is trying to help his father, Charlie, deal with dementia and the loss of Mark’s
late mother, Marie. As Mark tries to get Charlie to open up, he starts looking for love and finds comfort in Sophie Mitchell’s show on the radio. When Charlie starts listening to the same radio program, he discovers something that would change the lives of Mark and himself.
With a strong focus on storytelling, this drama deals with grief, nostalgia, and hope, and is sprinkled with some comedic elements. The film will be shot on 16mm film, and it aims to be an emotionally and visually engaging 10-minute film, which we hope to take to film festivals around the world.
The roles up for grabs are:
- Production Designer
- Make up Artist
We're shooting over 3-4 days between 21-25 June 2012 (Thur-Mon).
There are 3 shoot locations
- House (living room/dining area/study room)
- Cafe (Italian cafe on Lygon Street), and
- In a car on the road (for a driving-in-the-car scene).
Do get in contact if you are interested and able to commit. Thanks!
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Location: Victoria, Australia
Payment details: expenses paid
Applications to this casting call require:
- A phone number
- A profile photo
Help us make an old man's house and a cafe look good for the film.
- Old man's house, bleak now without the presence of his wife
- Create a sense of both desperation and nostalgia in the house
- Ideally should look family-friendly
- Look busy (we may be shooting when the cafe is closed for the day/time of shoot)
Anyone from Victoria, Australia
Make Up Artist
Make up artist needed to create natural look for:
- Male, 60s (fatherly character suffering from memory loss)
- Male, late 20s (young corporate business man)
- Female, 20s (radio personality / girl next door look)
We will also need to do a photoshoot with the male characters and an older female character to replicate an old family photo (on separate day of shoot)
Any gender, aged 21 to 99 from Victoria, Australia
Listing created: 16 May 2012
Applications closed: 10 June 2012
Parkour performers wanted - London