NGA AHO WHAKAARI – $5,000 Pitching Competition at National Conference AKLD
All regions, New Zealand
Entry Deadline 14 June
THE PITCH: One programme idea for a minimum of TWO or more broadcasters.
Te Mangai Paho, Maori Television Service, Maori Programming of Television New Zealand, TV3 have joined forces to encourage the production community to put forward programme ideas suitable for broadcast on multiple channels. That’s right – ONE PROGRAMME IDEA to play on two or more channels.
1. $5,000.00 towards the development of a full programme proposal for multiple channels subject to the following;
2. The winner will be required to produce a budget on how they plan to use these monies as part of their overall development plan and submit it to Te Mangai Paho for approval.
They will have one month after winning the competition to produce this overall development plan budget. After this month, if not submitted or not approved by Te Mangai Paho, this prize will lapse.
Te Mangai Paho approval of the overall development plan budget as sponsors of the prize is final and there is no right of appeal.
HOW TO ENTER entry deadline THURSDAY 14 JUNE
To be eligible to win first prize you will need to send in your name, and a brief paragraph on your pitch by Thursday 14 June with your application, it must include the following;
1. TE REO MAORI content
eg for TV3 up to 30% and Maori Television Service 100% or up to 30% TVNZ & 50% MTS
2. The GENRE
eg comedy, documentary, unscripted etc
3. The channels you are pitching your programme to
eg. Maori TV & TVNZ or TV3 & Maori TV
4. Indicate if you will be using moving images, power point etc in your pitch.
If you miss this deadline of THURSDAY 14 JUNE you will not be eligible to win the pitching prize however you are free to pitch on the day for entertainment or practise purposes.
ON THE DAY: Pitching Competition in Whare Hui
What you need to do on the day:
• Present an engaging programme idea in 5 minutes or less.
• Indicate your understanding of each of the channels’ distinct identities you are aiming for by revealing your research know how including what time-slot you are aiming for and why.
• Demonstrate how your programme idea that has up to 30% Maori language content will suit the broadcasters’ primetime or non-peak hours.
• Have a plan to show how your $5,000 towards development costs will work.
• Be registered at the Nga Aho Whakaari conference 2012 or as a current member (See Special Deal Pg 4).
• Use Maori and English in your presentation.
The winner on the day will be decided by Te Mangai Paho, Maori Television Service, TV3 and Maori programming TVNZ.
The decision of the judges on the winner of the prize and competition is final. There is no right of appeal.
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Payment: Prizes as above
The winner will be required to produce a budget on how they plan to use these monies as part of their overall development plan and submit it to Te Mangai Paho for approval
Anyone from New Zealand
- Located in New Zealand
- Joined June, 2012