Acting experience: Previous unpaid speaking roles
February 2010- November 2010
• Independently researched sexual history and its relation to feminism, to teach a second year tertiary class as an assessment, for which I received 100% as my grade.
April 2011- January 2012
• Assisted independent film maker with research and made international contacts for his film.
February 2011- Present
• Am conducting independent research for an exposé of the history and facts of Drug Laws aimed at a layman market.
April 2011 – Present
• Have researched all fields of scientific query from geology to quantum physics to further the development of the fantasy series I am currently in the process of writing.
Essayist/ Factual Writer
February 2009 – 2010
• Wrote numerous essays during my university career, for which I received an A+ average.
February 2009 – Present
• Symphony Fantastique – (1 hour) Performed October 2010
• A Number Sacrificed, A Name Saved – (20 minutes) Performed February 2012
• “If We Are To Be Eaten By Wolves” (2010) – winner of two international awards
• “Fraser and Gareth” (2009)
• "Over the Rainbow"
April 2011 – Present
• Am currently writing a four part apocalyptic fantasy series
Saint John First Aid October 2011
• Completed first aid certificate, applicable to adults and children
Unitec New Zealand – 2008 to 2010
• Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts – Writing Major
Westlake Girls High School – 2003 to 2007
• NCEA Level Three
• NCEA Level Two
• NCEA Level One
• Photography: Ilford Shield Overall Winner, 2007 (National Secondary Schools Competition)
• Writing: Award of Merit, International Best Shorts Competition, 2011 – for ‘If We Are To Be Eaten By Wolves…” (2010)
• Writing: Best New Zealand Film, Uni Shorts International Student Film Festival, 2012 – for “If We Are To Be Eaten By Wolves…” (2010)
• Kung Fu
Keyboard ability: Expert
Vocal range: Alto
Vocal ability: Lead singer
Like to join a band: Yes
Influences: Pink Floyd
, Led Zeppelin
, The Beatles
, Sigur Ros
, The Mars Volta
Firstly, I'd like to say that my vocal range is actually in the contralto range, although apparently Starnow doesn't allow that as an option. My range is from F2 (the F two octaves below middle C) to G5 (the G above middle C). My voice is deep and rich, and I am able to control it to sing in many different styles and have excellent control in general. I am able to sustain long notes and if you have a cover band would be a great choice to perform artists such as Adelle, Florence and the Machine, Arthra Franklin, Lana Del Ray and the like, as well as being comfortable and happy performing most baritone male singers. I am able to sing with emotion and character in a genuine way. My voice sits in the same range as the lead singer Maynard Keenan of Tool or Tom Yorke of Radiohead. I have an excellent voice for soul, jazz and blues music, and can make my voice husky when singing if I wish. I have been somewhat classically trained- a couple of school choirs and music performance/ theory. However, I am mostly self taught; I have been singing almost every day since I discovered my voice as a child. I have performed a large number of times (in groups and solo), including some of my own work (singing and playing piano/guitar) at open-mic nights and also spent a year busking on Queen Street in my free time. My voice is very strong and I can project it very well (enough to be heard from the other side of Queen Street without assistance!).
For me music is about finding a way to make all the pieces fit together in mind-blowing harmony and discordance. I really love music which utilizes sampling, keys, strings and brass as well as the classic rock trio of drums, guitar, and bass; the more the merrier!