|Acting experience: ||Previous unpaid speaking roles||
February 2010- November 2010
• Independently researched sexual history and its relation to feminism, to teach a second year tertiary class as an assessment, for which I received 100% as my grade.
April 2011- January 2012
• Assisted independent film maker with research and made international contacts for his film.
February 2011- Present
• Am conducting independent research for an exposé of the history and facts of Drug Laws aimed at a layman market.
April 2011 – Present
• Have researched all fields of scientific query from geology to quantum physics to further the development of the fantasy series I am currently in the process of writing.
Essayist/ Factual Writer
February 2009 – 2010
• Wrote numerous essays during my university career, for which I received an A+ average.
February 2009 – Present
• Symphony Fantastique – (1 hour) Performed October 2010
• A Number Sacrificed, A Name Saved – (20 minutes) Performed February 2012
• “If We Are To Be Eaten By Wolves” (2010) – winner of two international awards
• “Fraser and Gareth” (2009)
• "Over the Rainbow"
April 2011 – Present
• Am currently writing a four part apocalyptic fantasy series
Saint John First Aid October 2011
• Completed first aid certificate, applicable to adults and children
Unitec New Zealand – 2008 to 2010
• Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts – Writing Major
Westlake Girls High School – 2003 to 2007
• NCEA Level Three
• NCEA Level Two
• NCEA Level One
• Photography: Ilford Shield Overall Winner, 2007 (National Secondary Schools Competition)
• Writing: Award of Merit, International Best Shorts Competition, 2011 – for ‘If We Are To Be Eaten By Wolves…” (2010)
• Writing: Best New Zealand Film, Uni Shorts International Student Film Festival, 2012 – for “If We Are To Be Eaten By Wolves…” (2010)
• Kung Fu
|Keyboard ability: ||Expert||Vocal range: ||Alto
|Vocal ability: ||Lead singer||Like to join a band: ||Yes
Influences: Pink Floyd
, Led Zeppelin
, The Beatles
, Sigur Ros
, The Mars Volta
I have been somewhat classically trained- a couple of school choirs and music performance/ theory. However, I am mostly self taught; I have been singing almost every day since I discovered my voice as a child. I have performed a large number of times (in groups and solo), including some of my own work (singing and playing piano/guitar) at open-mic nights and also spent a year busking on Queen Street in my free time.
I am an alto who can go very high when properly warmed up and in practice. On a bad day I still have a two octave range. My voice is very strong- I can project it very well (enough to be heard from the other side of Queen Street without assistance!). If I had to describe it in terms of tone I would say it sits somewhere between Eta James and Portishead's Beth Gibbons.
For me music is about finding a way to make all the pieces fit together in mind-blowing harmony and discordance. I really love music which utilizes sampling, keys, strings and brass as well as the classic rock trio of drums, guitar, and bass; the more the merrier!