Influencer marketing can work for any business, regardless of size, and is especially powerful when used to reach niche audiences.
These days the focus for Influencer marketing is quality over quantity. Many brands are far more interested in working with talent that have a highly engaged audience, whether they have a super large following or not.
These types of Influencers are known as ‘Micro-Influencers’ – a term coined to refer to their smaller follower count – and they offer a fantastic opportunity to promote your service or product to a highly engaged audience.
Reaching an audience of 1,000 followers who like, comment and take action is far more valuable than trying to reach 1 million followers who are less engaged, and less likely to care about your service or products.
There are many reasons you should consider partnering with an influencer, so we've listed our top 5 below.
1. Create buzz. We hate to break this to you, but there are people out there who may never have heard of your business. Partnering with an Influencer will get your name out there and help spread the word about your product or service. It's the modern-day equivalent of word-of-mouth advertising – except all that much easier to manage.
2. Build credibility and trust. Influencers tend to have a highly engaged follower base. Their followers think of them as a trusted friend, because in many ways – they are. It's been proven time and time again that we're more likely to believe a person we know, rather than branded advertising, or even an expert with a PhD.
Partnering with an Influencer that reflects your brand and values gives you a shortcut to becoming a trusted member of the 'family'.
3. Good bang for your buck. Working with Influencers to promote your brand can be very affordable and often provides great results.
Digital platforms make it easier than ever to work out the return on your investment, and can often provide much better targeting and results than traditional advertising. Social media platforms provide a whole host of data which is easily accessible for you to assess the impact of an Influencer partnership. For example, Instagram Insights (available with any Instagram Business account) can show you all sorts of information about your Instagram activity, including where your followers come from, what time they're likely to be online and how successful your posts have been.
4. Reach niche audiences. One of the wonderful things about the internet is how it enables sub-cultures and communities with specialised interests to connect. No matter how obscure your product or service is, rest assured, there's an audience out there for it. It's just a matter of finding the right Influencer, that aligns with your brand, to work with.
Influencers are the easiest way to tap into these types of niche audiences. To find influencers to work with place a free listing today.
5. Stay relevant. Influencers tend to be on the cutting edge of trends. In fact, a lot of the time, they're the ones creating them. Associating your brand with an Influencer who knows about the latest meme, hit song, or pop-culture phenomena will help keep your brand fresh and relevant.
You might also like:
About the author
Kalista Campbell is StarNow's Digital Marketing Executive. She manages StarNow's social media, blog and monthly newsletters, and works with our Ambassadors to bring you useful tips, tricks and advice. In the office she's known for her tidy desk, being fluent in emoji, and her often sassy one-liners. Her best day at work was when everyone dressed up as her for her birthday.