We want to help you make 2020 your best year yet, and if you’re reading this blog, chances are one of your goals for the year is to get cast for your dream role.
Here are five things you can today (and everyday) to increase your chances of getting cast.
1. Have a great headshot. Headshots get you hired, it’s as simple as that. Your headshot should be a good clear photo of your face – and it needs to be current! If you haven’t updated your headshot in a while, now’s the time.
2. Apply to all jobs that suit you. Ever heard the saying “nothing ventured, nothing gained”? The more jobs you apply for, the better your chances of getting cast. Check your matching jobs daily and apply!
3. Check your messages regularly. Casting Professionals love it when you reply to their messages quickly. They often have to work to tight deadlines, and if they know they can count on you to get back to them straight away, they’re more likely to cast you.
4. Add your social profiles to your StarNow profile. Even if you’re not applying for Influencer work, Casting Professionals love it when they can find out a little more about you – and being able to easily find your social media profiles is a great way to do this.
5. Make the most of StarNow. We have a bunch of awesome features to help you get cast. With our paid subscriptions, you can get access to all jobs, appear in our Talent Directory, enhance your profile and your applications, get priority access to listings before anyone else and upload as many video and audio files as you want.
About the author
Kalista Campbell is StarNow's Digital Marketing Manager. She manages StarNow's social media, blog and monthly newsletters, and works with our Ambassadors to bring you useful tips, tricks and advice. In the office she's known for her tidy desk, being fluent in emoji, and her often sassy one-liners. Her best day at work was when everyone dressed up as her for her birthday.