Paid Research Participants Needed! (non-musicians only)
The hormone oxytocin occurs naturally in the human body of males and females and is involved in social interaction, group bonding, and various other bodily functions. Oxytocin nasal sprays are easy to use and cause minimal discomfort to participants.
Because oxytocin intertacts with sex hormones and varies considerably throughout the menstrual cycle, only males can take part in this version of the experiment. However, females can still get in touch by completing the pre-screening survey and may then be invited to other experiments in the future.
You will receive a $45 reimbursement for this 90 mins experiment at Western Sydney University. You may be invited back for a second session and receive another $45.
Fixed price of $90 - $45 for 90 mins ($90 for 2 times 90 mins)
Male non-musicians (18-60 years of age)
TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:
- Be male and 18-60 years of age
- Have had no more than five years of musical training and not have actively practised, taught, or performed music during the last four years
- Have no history of drug/alcohol abuse, cognitive impairment, intellectual disability, mental, cardiovascular, or neurological disease
- Not currently smoke 5+ cigarettes per day or take psychotropic medication
- Have no hearing impairment, nasal disease, or allergies to oxytocin nasal sprays
Anyone, aged 18 and over from New South Wales, AustraliaApply now
- Located in New South Wales, Australia
- Joined December, 2018