Part-Time Food Packer - Parsons Green
We offer flexible shifts (Mon-Fri daytime) to complement your artistic commitments elsewhere. Successful candidates will be scheduled regularly and frequently for part-time hours between September - January, according to your availability and our production schedule. Duties will mostly include picking, mixing and packing food ingredients; applying sticker labels to food packaging; post-production washing up and cleaning - but may also include some gift-wrapping or other tasks. Details below.
The position is available immediately for the right applicant.
* £8.21 an hour - part-time
* Week day shifts with start time around 10am
* Flexible zero hour contract
* Job Type: Part-time
Skills & Experience Required:
* ability to follow instructions and procedures precisely
* good understanding of health and safety and food hygiene rules
* report to the supervisor or quality controller if you spot any issues
* ability to maintain concentration for repetitive tasks
* accuracy and attention to detail
* good fine motor skills, to handle and process small items
* good team working skills and the ability to work individually
* a willingness to work flexibly, daily tasks may change suddenly according to production priorities
* reliable to work assigned shifts once you have committed to them
* ability to speak and understand English
* ability to walk up & down stairs, and work on your feet for the majority of the shift
* applicants with experience in the food industry, or with other packing jobs, will be given preference, but this experience is not required - it is more important to find the right personality to work independently and accurately as described above
Training and Development:
You will receive on-the-job training covering issues like health and safety, food hygiene, and technical aspects of our confectionery packing process.
* Picking and packing food products
* Products and case labelling, including hot glue gun work, and applying tiny stickers
* Accurate recording of products packed
* Counting and recording stock levels
* Keeping stock organised
* Maintaining a tidy work environment throughout the day
About The Company
Lavolio Boutique Confectionery launched in 2013 and is an exciting new food brand of artisan made sweets. Exquisite dried fruit and nuts, sometimes coated in chocolate or mixed with spices, encased within crisp and colourful sugar shell. Artisan sugar fondants, craft nougat (and more!) are part of our family of indulgent Italian Confectionery especially well suited for gifts.
We are proudly stocked in more than 200 premium locations in the UK and abroad, and we have a thriving online presence. We're based in Sulivan Court, Fulham, and are looking for the right candidate to join our busy, energetic team with the drive and attention to details necessary to support of our growing operations.
£8.21 per hour - Paid monthly, including addition of 12.07% holiday pay = £9.20/hour
Part-time Food Packer
Anyone, aged 18 and over
- Located in London, UK
- Joined August, 2018