Note: Actors of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
As our gyms close, we find ways to work out at home. Just as being a performing artist, you still need to find ways to hone your craft.
If you can't get out and you are looking for ways to express your performing talents, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Here you can be part of a long form film project -- all done from the comfort of your home!
This untitled project consists of various characters being interviewed on camera and vlogging. Some of this experimental story will be scripted, with some scenes improvised.
Please read carefully.
1. You MUST be setup to record interviews with enough lighting and record clear sound.
2. The background must be interesting enough. Not your bedroom wall. A few backgrounds may be required to show change of scenes. Be creative if you want to stand out from the rest. (See Sample images after you apply)
3. You must have acting experience.
4. TO SUBMIT: 1-5 min video, performing a fictional character of your choice. Treat it as if the character is being interviewed on camera. You will be assessed on performance, originality, video quality and audio quality. (Make sure your set up your phone right and have enough lighting.)
WHAT YOU GET
1. You will receive credit for this film.
2. You will receive footage for your showreel, upon project completion and release.
About the Director
Tez is an award winning film director looking to exercise his creativity while having projects in development. Wrote for Disney and selected for the Film Victoria Director attachment on a $50 million international Feature Film Co-production. Read more after applying.
While other actors are waiting for the phone to ring, take control of your destiny and help create YOUR own work. It's really not that hard to work a camera phone, so take control!
Whether it's to hone your craft, build a showreel or film credits, or just want to have FUN in a long form project, we're looking to hear from you.
StarNow note for talent: Website or example of previous work available upon application.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesDeadline 8th July 2020
Unpaid – this is a collaboration opportunity - Experimental Fun Project
Collaborations should create mutual benefit and are usually amateur, student or 'Time for Print' projects.
Anyone, aged 18 and over
- Acting experience: Previous unpaid speaking roles, Previous paid speaking roles
Applications closed 9 July 2020.