About the VR platform:
Membership to enter the VR platform is 100% free of charge. When you sign up, you have to make a human alike cartoony avatar. The world itself has also a cartoony look. But what you can do there makes it really interesting to create artistic events. Creating and visiting events is also free of charge. Here are a few examples what you can do.
- With a huge videoscreen in your eventspace, you can present your music that you uploaded in youtube to your visitors.
- You can do live performances.
- If you create paintings or photography, you can make them objects in your eventspace so that it becomes an exhibition
- If you have followers on social media, you can organise private events where you can do a meet and greet.
- If you write poetry, you can read to an audience parts of your work.
- If you are known because of public published work, being represented by an avatar has the advantage that you can organise artistic events where you can be yourself and people don’t know your real artist identity.
As I am doing small music events on my own, I think it can be more effective to gain more audience by collaboration instead of competing. Therefore I founded with my lyricist an artistic community called AI.C.U. (Artistic International Collaborations United). To become a member is free and everybody is welcome. From beginners to experts. Goal of the community:
- Instead of competing, we will collaborate to create an audience that will visit our AI.C.U events. (brandworking)
- Developing strategies to keep up with the possibilities that VR has to offer when it becomes more mass user accepted. As it is still in early growth, it is a good moment to start now with experimentation to find out what works and not.
- Beginners and experts are welcome in the community. It is meant as a positive place where people can feel at home and can befriend eachother, help eachother. To encourage this we will organise b.e. weekly private events which you can visit and meet people from the AI.C.U community and talk to them.
- Outside the VR space, we will use an app where we have our own server where all members can join to run and organise everything.
To become a member you need to have one of the following hardware requirements.
You own one of the following VR headsets:
Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift S, HTC Vive or Windows Mixed Reality.
If you don't own one of these VR headsets, you can fully participate in 2D if you have a Windows 10 laptop/pc.
Important to MAC users: There is a BETA version available, but it is unknown to me how well this works. It has less functionality than the Windows 10 Versions. Use of the MAC beta version is at your own risk.
The community is meant as a positive place where we collaborate to make eachother more successful in what we do. Keywords: Respect for eachother, helping and supporting eachother, no matter how skilled and successful you are. It is meant as a "safe haven" in a competitive entertainment industry.
You are willing to talk directly with the visitors and fans who visit your events.
You can only become an AI.C.U. member if you show up in one of the meetings in the VR Space.
Interested? Feel free to apply.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesTo become a member of AI.C.U:
After the first messaging, I will send you an email with an explanation how to get access to the VR platform. Once you signed up to the VR platform and created an avatar, you inform me of this and then I will plan a first information meeting in VR. If you show up, you can decide if you want to become an AI.C.U member. In case you want membership, I will guide you to the free phoneapp where you can join our AI.C.U server.
Unpaid – this is a collaboration opportunity
Collaborations should create mutual benefit and are usually amateur, student or 'Time for Print' projects.
Anyone, aged 18 and overApply now