**PLEASE NOTE: Previously listed with an overwhelming number of applicants; however, very few auditions for these two roles. Please do not apply if the roles do not appeal - thank you.
I'm recording a ~20 minute pilot episode of a fictional podcast series as the major component of a project submission for my Media and Communications course with Swinburne University of Technology.
I am seeking voice actors for two major characters. Auditions are underway and will close on Tuesday 12pm (Australia - AEST).
REQUIREMENTS FOR AUDITION:
* You will be sent one scene and asked to record just a few lines - at least two takes
* MUST be received by 12pm Tuesday July 27th (AEST)
REQUIREMENTS FOR CAST:
* Actors will need to record their own audio and send it to me. I'll be editing and mixing the final product.
* You will need a decent mic and be able to record with minimal background sound. Do not worry about editing - I'll be doing that. I can remove ambient background, but your dialogue and inflection must be clear.
* Actors will be asked to record their own dialogue three times (think of it as three takes) with adjustments.
* After initial edits, actors may be asked to re-record segments.
Personal Best is a LGBTQAI+ contemporary sports drama with a slow-burn gay romance. Treading Water is book one of three in the Personal Best book series. Our main protagonist is a trans man, Ash (no longer accepting auditions) who begins his medical transition during book one. The pilot episode of the Treading Water fictional podcast covers the prologue and first two chapters of the Treading Water book which includes a scene from Ash's childhood and then his leaving home for college at 17. I STRONGLY encourage gender diverse applicants for ALL ROLES as part of the design of this project (as well as the book series - which will be out later this year) is to raise awareness and increase the representation of LGBTQAI+ issues with a focus on gay trans masc representation. There is very little REAL representation of transgender individuals, less of trans men, and almost nothing of gay trans men.
Please note: As a university project, there is no budget for this pilot, however, in the unlikely event that the show is picked up, there MAY be the opportunity for ongoing work.
Thank you so much for your interest. I look forward to working with you.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesDEADLINES & IMPORTANT DATES:
* Now - July 27th - Shortlisting/Auditions
* July 29th - Cast confirmed
* July 31st - Script sent
* Aug 7th - online production meeting (MUST be available)
* Aug 7th - Aug 16th - Recording to be sent
* Aug 17th - Aug 30th - Retakes if needed
* September 20th - Pilot goes live on Spotify, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, etc.
-> Dates subject to MINIMAL change
Unpaid – this is a collaboration opportunity - Student Fictional Podcast
Collaborations should create mutual benefit and are usually amateur, student or 'Time for Print' projects.
Previous applicants - no need to apply again. Please send through your audition if you haven't already. I'll close each role once I receive three auditions for them. Thanks :)
Edited 25 July 2021
CUTOFF DATE EXTENDED - AUDITIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL 5pm 27/7/21 (AEST) No further extensions as my time budget will not allow it.
Edited 26 July 2021
Accent: Florida USA (light) Age scene 1: 15 Age scene 2+: 19 Gender: Cis male Sexuality: Pansexual C (real name is unknown even to me right now) will do anything for anyone but still maintains his own boundaries. C and Baz have been best friends since they started swimming classes together when they were 5 years old. C instantly took Ash under his wing and has always been the one Ash turns to. He's awesome!
Anyone, aged 18 and over
- Languages: English
- Accents: USA Boston, USA California, USA New York, USA Southern
Applications closed 27 July 2021.