RedDragon Productions is an independent production company that made the international award-winning film Bite Club.
The Obscure Files is an amalgamation of our love of The X-Files, horror movies, sci-fi, the supernatural, and the fantastical.
We are looking for creative and talented individuals to be involved in the making of this small-budget indie science fiction/paranormal/horror series. Production of our pilot episode/proof of concept takes place in early 2022 with most locations in Ipswich and surrounding areas. A crowdfunding video will be shot later this year.
A crowd-funding campaign will run in the lead-up to principal photography. The campaign will go directly towards production costs and cast and crew payments. We will also be applying for funding through several organizations. All cast and crew will be contracted under a cast/crew agreement, which provides for deferred payments of fees pending the success of the funding applications (You WILL be paid but the amount depends on the outcome of our funding and how much we get). Travel costs neg. Food and drinks are provided on set.
Successful applicants will be required for behind-the-scenes promotional material and publicity, i.e. promotional shoots, costume fittings, interviews, etc. Full availability is preferred once shooting begins, but we are willing to negotiate for the right applicants.
The show’s content would likely be rated MA15+ as it contains horror and violence. It will be sent to festivals and if not picked up by a streaming service, will be released online. COVID compliance rules apply as per Screen QLD.
• EMAIL the Casting Manager (email provided upon application). DO NOT send us private messages.
• Please use the word CAST - (INSERT CHARACTER NAME YOU ARE APPLYING FOR) in your subject header. For example, if you are interested in the role of Frank Moss, your email subject header will be CAST – FRANK MOSS.
• Include a recent current Headshot (must be with your current look), Acting CV & Showreel plus your Name, Height & Location
• If you have a Showcast profile and would like to share a link to it please do so
• We’ll do our best to answer all your emails in a timely manner. Please be patient.
• Auditions close 25th SEPTEMBER 10 pm AEST 2021. All emails after the cut-off date will not be answered.
Note: These first two roles we are casting are LEAD roles and as such we cannot consider any applications without a Showreel or Scene.
No accents are required. QLD Based actors only.
Expenses paid - Travel/Fuel costs
Somewhat tall, athletic (or physically fit) build, short hair, clean-shaven (stubble is acceptable). Frank is a Special Agent for The ETF. He is a tad OCD, socially inept at times, clumsy, likes to tell dad jokes and bad puns. He comes across as likable. He is highly intelligent and very intuitive. He is drawn to the paranormal. This role requires combat training with the fight choreographer. The successful actor will be required to attend the sessions. ALL ETHNICITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Male, aged 30 to 40
- Height: 165 cm / 5ft 5in - 189 cm / 6ft 2in
Applications closed 29 September 2021.