Drummer Wanted for Upcoming Sydney-based Indie Rock Band
Our influences and sounds come from bands such like Arctic Monkeys, The Cure, The Strokes, The Smiths, Bloc Party, The Cribs, Blur, The Hives, Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Basically the pop side of indie rock/garage rock.
Our line-up is completed except for a permanent drummer and we have the network and funding to use professional session drummers for gigs, however before we continue down that path, we would ideally like someone to be part of our permanent line-up as this would help with marketability of the band.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is professional in attitude
- Has transport and quality equipment
- Is familiar with/likes the style of music described
- Can prioritise a weekly rehearsal and two gigs per month
- Aged between 20-30 (we are aged between 25-31)
Ultimately attitude and drive are what matters to us. We want someone who is professional and knows what this entails - acting the part, looking the part, disciplined, understanding and contributing beyond just playing drums, but knows how to think properly, look ahead and make and capitalise on opportunities.
You might be thinking - if these guys are as far ahead as they say, then why are advertising here and not using their network and connections? Simple reason is this: we all met online through Gumtree and Facebook and managed to have the right chemistry with all band members wanting to do this, even though we are not best friends from school and did not grow up together. We believe it would be nice to have someone join the band organically for the right feel which goes a long way.
If you are interested in this, apply now and we can have a chat over the phone to get things started.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesI screen all applicants with a video call before progressing any further.
If we have the right connection over the phone, I'll arrange an audition which will include:
- A brief chat/introduction with our manager and our creative director
- Playing 3 original songs with the band
- Playing 2 cover songs with the band
- Having a few photos taken of you (headshot and body shots)
This job is unpaid
Age range is based on existing members who are between 25-31 years old.
We are happy to still discuss if you're outside this age range as we are open-minded and ultimately looking for the right fit and attitude.
Anyone, aged 21 to 33
- Drumming ability: Intermediate, Expert
- Located in New South Wales, Australia
- Joined June, 2017