London, United Kingdom
Established in 2003, RAaW London, by popular demand, is launching more screen acting and show reel courses in 2018!
Please phone 0208 257 6477 or 07960 063 245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a prospectus and more info.
Please check out the links to examples of past work and showreel packages:
Key facts about the course
• 4 + 8 week courses. Established longer 6 month course also available
• You design your own showreel. You spend what you can afford and choose the production
value of your films
• Online formats provided
• Professional central London studio
• Professional, tested crew
• 20 years experience
• Award winning tutors
• Committed to preparing actors for the television and film industry
• The directors who teach you also direct you, keeping the personal journey into production
• Entry by audition – two contrasting modern speeches under two minutes – self tapes. This
helps us determine your needs and goals.
• Primarily for those with previous training or professional experience – we have other courses
• We are in touch with the industry’s demands through working in RAaW’s Agency every day
• We approach our training in a holistic way, nurturing the creative centre of each individual
• Personal development and self awareness is high on our agenda in screen acting
• One on one interview, once you have booked onto the course, to determine goals and needs
• Participate in many filmed exercises receiving individual feedback
• Our showreels are filmed to produce footage like our films – not show reel specific footage.
• We touch on marketing, right from the beginning of process
• Even though there is an award winning writer on board, you help with the process, so you are involved and in control. Great for the future if you want to produce your own work as well.
What will you study
The Stevens Technique
Improvisation for film
Testimonials and writing
Script development through emotional analysis
Writing for screen
Viewing and analysis of performances
How to market yourself
Screen combat (if needed in your scenes)
Dialect for film (if needed in your scenes)
What we think is important about showreels
In a survey done recently, 62% of casting professionals said they’d prefer to view separate, short, contrasting video clips, over 28% preferring a show reel (10% had no preference).
You need a showreel, however equally important is individual clips. Strive to have your own website, YouTube and/or Vimeo account (obviously YouTube is owned by Google and having an account with them ticks boxes for what Google likes in terms of search engine optimisation) with a short menu of clips, so industry professionals can choose exactly what they want to watch. The plus side to this is that you will then be able to send a link in emails, rather than attaching an MP4 or .mov file, which will clog up emails.
You have the option of developing and filming a high budget short, which will enable you to submit to festivals and will market you in a different way to a showreel. If successful, even if you just get your film screened, people will see your work and you may make contacts. Do not rely on Casting Directors for everything.
Casting Directors and Industry Professionals
Now, more than ever, industry professionals are under a lot of time pressure to find what they are looking for. They have very little time to look at your work and decide whether you are one of the few they are going to call in. But they are experienced at honing into energies, looks and qualities to fulfil their job description