Previous paid speaking roles
- UK English
- UK Posh
- USA Southern
- My dream is to act and sing and I have worked very hard to become talented enough to achieve this.
- My acting ability is of a very high standard. I always strive to become the character rather than just show the character. I act with a lot of emotion and I have played a wide range of different characters. My characters are always believable and I have a very powerful voice
- I also have a very powerful singing voice with a range that extends over two octaves. My singing is clear and strong and has been described as beautiful to listen to. I always sing with a lot of emotion and heart
- I have performed in many musicals at school, university and as part of musical theatre groups. I have sang lots solos and played some main roles. Singing is a big passion of mine and I put my all into every song and show I perform in. I love it!
- I am very easy to get along with, I like everyone and I'm fun to be around
- I played Sally (supporting character) in a student radio play called "Living Impaired"
- I played the lead role in a short film in Preston that was shot around March. This film taught me a lot about emotive acting
- I was hired to take part in several productions in Manchester from a web advert to a series of plays
- I completed a TV and Film workshop in which I received very high praise and was told to pursue this career
- In doing drama at University I have performed in many challenging plays such as Sarah Kane’s 4:48 Psychosis. These challenging plays have taught me a lot about acting and have greatly improved my skills. I performed regularly to the public while at University and this taught me that you should never play for a reaction and instead let the audience choose their reaction to your role
- I played the supporting role in a short film called "Simple Feelings". This is currently on YouTube in two parts. The links are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgY1uYpgWX4&NR=1. and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcwmqC_GHZM. This film taught me a lot about working with directors and a warring crew
- I starred in "Attempts on her Life" by Martin Crimp. This is a play in which everyone has equal parts and it is a different style of acting to what I have done before but I loved the challenge
- I was part of a musical theatre group at my university and we performed a few shows for the public. Doing this really helped me get over my nerves of singing to a huge audience. I have now completely got over that nervousness
- I am taking BA(Hons)Drama at Manchester Metropolitan University
- I have achieved grades 6, 7 and my diploma for Trinity and Guildhall's Speech and Drama. I obtained a merit in grade 6 and distinctions in grade 7 and the diploma. My voice is extremely good and well trained
- I achieved the Silver Arts Award for performing arts
- I helped direct, write and produce a year 7 stage play for CUE Bristol
- I helped teach performing arts to year 7's, once a week, for CUE Bristol
- I was part of Thornbury Musical Theatre Group (TMTG)
The following is a list of things I have acted in during my year at TMTG and what my role was. They start from most recent:
- Chorus role in TMTG's pantomime "Goldilocks and the three bears" and understudy for Goldilocks
- Chorus role in TMTG's "Brigadoon"
- Chorus role in TMTG'S pantomime "Dick Whittington"
These are the roles I performed at my performing arts high school (Cotham School)
- A sister in "Pirate of Penzance"
- "Anita" and "Maria's Mum" in "West Side Story"
- "General Cartwright" in "Guys and Dolls"
- "Bride" (The lead role) in "The one with the bride, the priest and the organ player" (A devised piece that was part of 5 plays in "Darkness Visible")
- "Child" (A lead role) in "Needfire" (a devised piece)
- "Gretel" in a few extracts from "The Sound of Music"
- I read the Bible readings in Church from the age of 8 and this taught me diction, emotion, power and how to